Knapasack Fertilizer spreader for the accurate manual granule fertilizer application to any row crop.
The Mayfield Fertilizer Applicator (the Applicator) is ergonomically designed to fit comfortably as a knapsack on the operators back. The knapsack holds the fertilizer, which is applied by a control device that regulates the flow of fertilizer at the required rate of application. The Mayfield Applicator allows for improved labour productivity, greater accuracy and uniformity in application, and does not require any physical contact with the fertilizer material by the operator.
· Cost effective low operating costs, particularly in developing countries where labour is more cost effective than mechanical application. The Mayfield products are the most competitive in the market for manual fertilizer application, which allows for maximizing the productivity of labour.
· Low depreciation a minimal investment in durable products made from tough, rust resistant materials, results in low depreciation with maximum return on the investment.
· Uniform application hand application methods are generally inaccurate and not uniform in application. The Mayfield products considerably reduce human error and allows for the uniform and accurate application of fertilizer. This in turn reduces management and supervision of manual application and ensures improved returns through better crop production and yields.
· Terrain ability to be used in steep areas. The Mayfield products can be used in steep areas e.g., where the terrain is such that mechanical application is impossible due to the gradient of the land.
· Soil compaction this is becoming a major consideration in agriculture where repeated traffic of mechanical implements leads to soil compaction resulting in poorer crop productivity. Manual application assists in alleviating this situation.
· Product versatility Mayfield attachment options are interchangeable with the various knapsacks.
· Inaccessibility lands become saturated and impassable by mechanical means due to heavy rains, or where crop height precludes mechanical application. The Mayfield products are not constrained by any of these factors and can play a critical role in fertilization where mechanical application is impossible or impractical.